Training Haus - Powered by TCO
Designed for our U14 and older athletes who want to advance their alpine performance by building their foundation of strength, agility, and balance.
Together with TCO and Training Haus, Team Afton has created this twice per week program to build body awareness, skill, and strength for our athletes. This program is open to U14 athletes and older and meets two times per week at Woodbury TCO.
What to Expect
- Two sessions per week, starting September 5 and running through November 16.
- 1.25 hour sessions, from 5:30-6:45pm every Tuesday and Thursday (except 10/19 & 11/2)
- Age and ability specific exercises and strength builders
- Access to a full gym and rotating guided lifting exercises designed to develop alpine specific body function
- Individualized support for athletes as they increase alpine-specific body awareness
- Coaching consistency providing additional insights for athletes who participate throughout the ski season
Ages: 12 – 20 (age as of 12/31/23
Skill Level: All skill levels are welcome, as this program can be differentiated for athletes that are new to this gym environment.
Preparedness: Participants must come prepared to practices wearing appropriate athletic attire and athletic shoes. Practices are held indoors with limited outdoor activities when appropriate. Please also bring a water bottle.
- Full Program (Sept. 5 - Nov. 16) $275
- Partial Program (October 3 - Nov. 16) $175
**Post October 3 enrollment will be coordinated through Training Haus. Please contact Program Director, Tony Olin or Club Administrator, Liesl Schultz for more details: 612-819-0186 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Registration for programming will be automatically selected based on enrollment date.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard general membership is required and must be purchased separately from U.S. Ski & Snowboard
Limited Enrollment: register early
Registration Deadline: 7 days prior to the start of the program; must be enrolled in a Team Afton program to participate in dryland.
Mountain Biking Meet-ups!
Open to all ages currently enrolled in our regular season programs, as long as you bring the gear. Ride as an athlete with Team Afton, or come with the whole family!
Mountain biking is a great way to help athletes find their balance and start to understand different terrain, while also engaging many of the same muscle groups used in racing. Join us for these fun meet-ups and kick-start your season!
What to Expect
- 1.5 hours of supported riding
- A fun atmosphere, including both individual athletes riding with families, and entire families joining our groups!
- A variety of locations explored, so keep an eye on your calendar invites!
Skill Level: All skill levels are welcome, however bringing the appropriate gear is required and limited coaching is available, so talk with our Program Director, Tony Olin (612-819-0186) if you have any concerns.
Preparedness: Participants must come prepared to practices with appropriate gear, including a helmet, gloves and glasses (recommended), a water bottle (or Camelbak), as well as a quality mountain bike. No bar ends, seat adjusted to the appropriate height, kick stands should be removed, and it should be noted that bikes have correct tire pressure.
- This program is free to all participants in our regular season programming!
Attendance: Marking attendance is required on the TeamSnap app in order to plan for coaching needs.